Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yes, it has been a while!


Life sure is keeping us on our toes these days. Our little guy is now five months old. We have had an awesome month this month, starting with Lou's birthday. We went bowling with Sue, Lou, and Patrice and I tried to throw him a surprise party. I say tried because he heard all of the details over the baby monitor the morning of the party.

Brendan is getting so big and heavy. (We are so proud.) At some point this month Daddy put on a 3 month outfit on him and we actually had to cut him out of it! Brendan was screaming and it was way too tight. Lou was ready to me to protest, but I got out the scissors. Poor kid! It was pretty funny though.

He is rolling around, grabbing stuff like crazy, and able to sit and stand with help in case he topples over. We've got a semi-routine down these days and everybody seems to be happy. The weather here has been warm and we like to go out with the Pack and Play and sit under the big tree out in front and play. Brendan does this cute little 'hi' when he sees people now too.

I think my favorite time with him is in the morning. He is all cuddly and talkative. Always happy too. It is complete goodness and I can't get enough.

We started some solids here and there. So far only organic oatmeal cereal and a banana. I don't think he's really actually ate much, more tasting, making a mess, and feeling the texture. We will keep trying though.

Everything goes in the mouth now and drool is all over the place. We still don't have any teeth yet. I recently went and got him some more teething toys to chew on and he seems to like them, although he doesn't discriminate. He will put anything in his mouth- I cringe when it is something with germs! (I am a total germ-a-phobe!)

Friday Brendan came with me to teach kids about going Green. We went to dinner with the Rotiers Sat. and Brendan and 1 year old Addison were holding hands. It was adorable. Tonight we went to the Phoenix Suns game and he was proudly strapped to Daddy's chest most of the night. They were so sweet walking around together. He had on an I love Daddy outfit too.

I will try to get some pictures up soon. Daddy got a new operating system and loading photos onto the computer is now quite a challenge.

No comments: