Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dialation Station


Today Brendan and I went in for our 36 week check-up and found out that I am dialated two centimeters. I was absolutely shocked to hear Dr. Hunt say that. I will be full-term on Friday and everything appears to be healthy. His heart rate was in the 150's and I have gained 24 lbs to date. 

I was told I could deliver in an hour or in a few weeks but my body was getting ready. I hope it is in a few weeks. I would like to finish the school year (May 28) and would like a week to relax before he comes. We all know he's gonna come when he's ready whether I am or not. If he comes between May 27 and June 7, then another doctor will deliver him- a Dr. Eric Royce. My doctor is finally taking her honeymoon in the mountains.

I was joking with Lou yesterday that I am good at this whole pregnancy thing. I read and hear from others about how miserable they were during pregnancy and yet everything has been just peachy for me. Most of the symptoms I had early in the pregnancy like hair loss, gas, and acne on my back went away. I haven't been swollen, haven't lost any sleep, haven't had crazy mood swings, morning sickness, or spotting. I pee a lot and my breasts leak a little but I'm used to it now. My body is sore and it is getting tough to bend down and get up from sitting or lying, but I would think that happens when you gain a ton of weight in mostly one place. I actually really like being pregnant. Especially how nice people are and all the attention they give pregnant women.

So we are in bed last night and I told Lou how sore my pelvic region has been lately and how I had been trying to use stretching to help ease the muscle pain and soreness. He was not taking me seriously and mocking me. I calmly told him, "I'm going to sprain your nut sack and see how you like it." We were laughing uncontrollably for a good 15 minutes. 

Over the last weekend Lou was an outstanding husband. We went on dates and enjoyed each other's company. We went to dinner Friday night and watched movies at home, layed by the pool Saturday and then went to the movie theater to see Angels and Demons. On Sunday I worked on the nursery and in the guest room/office and Lou helped me clean the house. He went grocery shopping and brought me flowers too. What a sweetie! I started to nest and made four frozen meals for post-baby, and vacuumed the walls in my bedroom. Yes- the walls!

No comments: