Saturday, September 15, 2012

Brendan Goes to Preschool


As we got out of the car in the parking lot Brendan told us how how excited he was to start school. When we went to drop him off in his classroom he walked right in and got busy. We had to call him back for hugs and kisses. I had some tears and anxiety but Brendan was more than ready! Lou and I went over to the Boo who/Woo who coffee and spied on him having a blast on the playground. We also ran into other parents who had kids in the same class at the coffee and apparently Brendan asked another little girls parents if they wanted to know his name and he introduced himself to them. It was an easy transition for him to say the least!
When we picked him up, he confirmed he loved it and said "Mrs. Weiss was wrong. I am not going home tired today." We are so proud!
 
In the next weeks Brendan made friends with the few little boys in his class of mostly girls. One day he came home and I asked him what happened at school. "Out on the playground Margaret said she loved me." I asked him what he said and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "I told her I love her too." How cute is that?!
 
Needless to say he transitioned easily and loves going school twice a week from 9 to 1.

No comments: