Monday, August 10, 2009

So big!


My baby is growing so quickly. I feel like I blinked and he's huge. Maybe it is the big boy diapers (no more newborn ones) I put him in today for the first time, or the clothes he grown out of. Today he just really seemed to have grown overnight. His car seat is snug where the belt is for his shoulders and his head that barely fit into the swing headrest seems to fit perfectly. The photo on the right was June 27 and the one on the left was today. He is wearing his 3 month clothes now too. My baby is growing up and I want him small forever!

Aside from his body growing, so is his personality. I sincerely enjoy spending my time with him. I have full conversations with him and encourage his responses. I'm hoping my constant communication will help his language development. We have so much fun together. He is read to almost everyday. We go on lots of walks with Reese, and we also have tummy time daily. He usually doesn't like tummy time, but the doctor says we have to put him on his tummy for 5 min per day to strengthen his neck muscles. His favorite place to nap is in his swing and he especially likes to look out the windows, at lights, and fans. He also has been eyeballing the monkey on the wall in his nursery. As you can see from the previous post he also enjoys bath time- after all he was in liquid for the first 9 months!

One quick funny story for the week. I was on the phone with a support staff person from realtor.org and I was burping Brendan on my shoulder. Out of nowhere he let one rip and it was so loud and I mean loud. The best way to describe it would be a wet, scary, grown man fart. I was mortified and the man on the phone didn't say a word. At least he couldn't smell it! I got off the phone quickly before he did it again. It was unbelievable!

No comments: