Saturday, April 14, 2012

All about Brendan...

Brendan recently announced he wants to be a paleontologist. What a 2 year old! He's growing up so quick, developed the most fun loving personality and has been gaining independence. He actually understands humor and joking around and his language and reasoning ability is well beyond his chronological age.

His favorite things now are Cars, dinosaurs, playing guitar/giving concerts, playing outside (mostly on his 'motorcycle'), & books. He gets Highlights magazine ea. month from his great grandparents and turns straight to the 'hidden picture' section.

We still visit the library and park a couple times a month. We also enjoy going to museums. Brendan likes going to the midwife with Mommy for the toys, balloon, and animal crackers. The last time he was there he tried to get 'Midwife Mary's' attention by saying, "hey midwife?" It was pretty funny.

Brendan's phrases I want to remember include, "I love you and I like you."
"I'm a waffle fan." and "Smackeroonie." The phrase I want to forget at this age is "why?" It is overused, infinite, and sometimes quite exhausting. According to my parents it never ended with me...

Our little man likes to help take care of Reese, kitty, and the fish. He talks to the baby and kisses Mom's belly everyday. He has names for most of his stuffed animals. I have no idea where he gets them, but once he names them the names stick.


Brendan has a built in chocolate radar. If I am ever trying to sneak a piece he can literally smell it on me and will ask for some. He's quite the negotiator and picks up on everything... including a few choice words. He recently dropped something and was like, "Goddamit!" It is so hard to keep a straight face but we don't want to encourage it. He picked up on the bad language but at least he used it in the correct context.


Potty training is going well. He will tell people he's going to preschool when he's potty trained. Speaking of talking to strangers Brendan has not a shy bone in his body. We go on walks almost daily and he will ask people his their names and introduce himself. He even told a random guy outside the Science Center his name is, "Brendan Robert Camp." Although it's adorable I worry a little about stranger danger.


Brendan had a really fun Easter. He colored Easter eggs and found them inside and outside at his Grandparent's house. It was priceless to see how excited he got finding all of the eggs this year. At one point he started finding eggs with quarters and dollar bills in them and he said, "I'm rich." We all ate it up!







I can't even begin to express how lucky I feel to be his Mom and get to spend my days with him. He's such an awesome son and the sunshine in my life!

No comments: