Thursday, April 26, 2012

Memory Lane



Within the last couple weeks I realized I stopped Brendan's scrapbook at 6 mo old. So, I made it a point to catch up before it was too late and I'm all caught up. It was relaxing and I quite enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Thank god for this blog because half of the stories and things that happened 3 years ago I forgot.

I noticed that with both pregnancies I experienced the quick painful surges down the legs. Didn't remember I had it with Brendan until I read my old posts. It also helped me to fill out the book of Brendan's firsts.

Found out on Monday I tested positive for Strep B and baby could be exposed while coming out of the womb. I've been trying to figure out how I want to go about treatment. I think I'm leaning toward penicillin orally.

Midwife Mary keeps mentioning we have a 9 to 9.5 lb. baby. It is not the encouragement I need. My neighbor just had a home birth and she was encouraging telling me how amazing and perfect it was for her. I think the attitude and mind set you go into birthing with plays a huge part in your success and happiness. I have a pretty relaxed -go with it- type of attitude.

Last weekend I was nesting like crazy. Shampooed all my rugs, washed things I never wash- walls, dressers, baths, mirrors, fixtures, fans, etc. I organized things, picked up, and made the house spotless. I was a machine like cleaning the house and trying to keep it up. If the nesting indication is any indication of how soon baby comes we should be prepared...


We are prepared with everything we need except a car seat. Can't find Brendan's old one and only have two bases. I think we lost it when moving somehow. No idea how that happens!

I've been working hard and plan for maternity leave at work is that there is no plan. I have another agent on standby should I need her but I'm going to play it by ear and see how I feel. I made my second TV news appearance during this pregnancy over the last week which was fun. Pregnancy hasn't slowed me down too much. I'm also in no hurry to have baby. I like being pregnant and am quite enjoying my sleep. :)

No comments: