Monday, March 2, 2009

25 weeks and lots going on

Here I am at 25 weeks pregnant or about 6 months. Things have been going great. Our baby boy is getting stronger and stronger. His daddy has enjoyed being able to really feel him kicking. There is no mistaking his movement now and sometimes you can see it without touching my belly. He likes to be most active around 11 pm, but he does not keep me up. I can't seem to stay awake for anything these days! I still feel pretty good, though now I know why pregnant women waddle. My body has been sore in places I hadn't imagined it would be.

At the same time my body has been changing and getting ready for baby, so has our home. We have been taking on new projects around the house and preparing our 'nest'. We started to empty the office so that it can be changed over to a nursery. We have also ordered new carpet for the nursery and other carpeted areas of our home. We replaced our washer and dryer last weekend and I can honestly say I enjoy doing laundry now. They are so much quieter and efficient. I know they will be put to good use with cloth diapering. Over the last two weekends, Lou has painted the garage, installed peg board for tools, and new lighting. It looks great.

Dad to-be successfully completed Daddy Boot Camp given by Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn last week. He got a lot of good information and even took notes. Here is a photo of our proud papa in his boot camp tee-shirt that he earned. Isn't he cute?! In April we will be taking some birth basics and breathing courses and I'll be taking a breastfeeding course too. Last weekend I took a cloth diapering class and baby got his first cloth diapers. They are too cute! I like the BumGenius ones because they can grow with baby. I put some on the Target registry- we will need 36 to get started.

We are both looking forward to our last vacation before becoming parents- the babymoon! In about a week, we will be staying at an all-inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for 6 days. It is just a quick two hour flight from Phoenix, so we will be close to home. We both woke up this morning thinking about our trip. I am looking forward to doing nothing. Just enjoying the scenery, getting some sun, and reading.

No comments: