Saturday, December 27, 2008

Using the bathroom a few times a night has been the norm for me the last couple of months. In fact, using the bathroom quite frequently during the day has been pretty constant as well- almost embarrassing. Lately I've been thinking that maybe all of this waking up in the middle of the night every night is nature's way of preparing me for getting up with a little baby during the night. Then, just last night I realized that I am almost on a 'pee schedule'. On my way to the bathroom I always take a look at the clock next to the bed and it is around 2:30 AM for the first bathroom break and about 6:30 AM for the second. I've gotten down to about two a night, sometimes more. My record earlier in the pregnancy was 5 times in one night! 

Now if my body is waking me up at about
 4 hour intervals to use the bathroom, I just can't help but wonder if it is giving me practice for the main event. Additionally, wouldn't it be great if the baby would also get used to the 2:30 and 6:30 AM bathroom breaks too? Then, when they are born they will already be on a feeding schedule from practicing in the womb. That would be sweet!

Here I am at 16 weeks pregnant. The baby bump is growing and I have a tough time fitting into my pre-pregnancy pants and buttoning them. I got a pair of maternity pants from my parents for Christmas but I need to go shopping soon. I also bought a 'Be Band' online to keep the pants closed up front and to prevent exposure of the plumber's crack when wearing my regular size 8 jeans. I haven't got it yet and yesterday my Dad was teasing me about showcasing the plumber's crack while working on the master bath remodel. Hopefully when we are done with the bathroom upgrade I will have time to go try on some maternity clothing before going back to work.

No comments: