Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy & Healthy at 38 weeks

I am feeling fabulous. Both baby and I are healthy according to our doctor's visit today. I gained one pound this week, last week they said 4 pounds! Total is 29 pounds now. Brendan's heartbeat was in the 140's and my belly measured 37 1/2 cm. Dr. Hunt is now out of the office until June 8. 

It seems like everyone is asking if I am miserable and ready  to be done being pregnant now. I'm really not. My feet, back, and pelvic region is sore, but that's about it. It's not as bad as people make it out to be or I'm just really lucky. I'm enjoying this pregnancy until the end! He will come when he is ready and I am in no rush. I am also not doing anything to purposely induce labor. I am just going about my normal business and enjoying life before baby. Sleeping in the last few mornings until 10:15 has been great and I've been able to make some time for me!

Lou and I had dinner at the table last night and he made a comment about how quiet our house was. We both took a minute to enjoy the silence; as we both know it will not be long before that changes. We also are both in agreement about our parenting style. We want to introduce Brendan into our lives and not automatically make him the center of it. We are the foundation of our family and our relationship needs to come first. It will help baby to be secure and independent in the long run. There is no such thing as spoiling our newborn, but we both realize once he gets older we will have to be sure not to spoil him (too much).

No comments: