Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The waiting game

Still no baby yet today. He must be comfy and enjoying the womb. I would think he is ready to stretch out already, but he seems to be content right where he is for the time being!

I'm starting to get anxious. I've been walking and swimming a lot and over the last few days trying to see if I can give him a little encouragement. I've experienced false labor contractions that are random and come and go. For example, they were 5, 13, 10, 3, 3, 3, 11 min apart on the 14th. They are not happening at regular intervals yet. My mucus plug has come out over the last few days and I have had back and abdominal cramping. The leg cramps are the best. They shoot down your leg quick as lightening and are painful as hell but gone in a split second. I read that it is the baby moving down into the birth canal and pressing on nerves.

To keep busy I went shopping for a Father's Day gift for his daddy, cleaned the house, watched a movie, sunned by the pool, read, got my teeth cleaned, and am going to start his scrapbook this afternoon. I'm ready to lay eyes on him and hold him for the first time and hope his birthday is soon.

No comments: