Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nine weeks pregnant today!


Mom and Dad to-be are getting more and more excited to meet you Baby Camp. You have already grown from the size of a poppyseed at week 3 and 4, apple seed at week 5, to the size of a sweet pea at week 6, blueberry at week 7, raspberry at week 8, and an olive at week 9! It's amazing how fast Baby Camp is growing each week. 

The photo to the right is me at four weeks pregnant.

The photo below shows the embryo at five weeks. Baby Camp measured .3 cm from crown to rump (head to bottom). 



On Halloween we went to Dr. Hunt's office for our second ultrasound. The first one we had at 5 weeks did not show us your heartbeat, but the last one at 7 weeks showed us your little flashing heartbeat. It was beating at 156 bpm. It brought a tear to my eye. This pregnancy now seems so much more real! Now I can stop worrying so much. 


Here is a photo taken at seven weeks on Halloween 2008. Baby Camp measured 1.3 cm crown to rump and had a heartbeat of 156 bpm. The heartbeat was a little flashing gray area. 

Mom has stayed about the same size with some bloat. No weight gain yet. Prenatal vitamins are tough on digestion and it slows down a lot. Going to the bathroom regularly is no longer a luxury. This last week gas has been god awful! I almost didn't want to go in public over the last weekend! Then there is peeing... I've become a pee factory and am constantly going. Dr. Hunt didn't help my shrinking bladder by instructing me to drink 100 ounces of water a day! I broke a record about a week and half ago and went five times during the night! Now there are some perks too. My chest has grown and I'm going to have to go bra shopping soon I think. My sense of smell is incredible! I can smell things from far away with amazing potency.  The best news is that I have zero morning sickness. Thank you, thank you, thank you God! I hear it is horrible. 

I am exercising regularly, mostly walking with Reese because running has started to pull on the joints in my knees. Still also playing competitive sand volleyball. Dr. Hunt gave me the okay to play until 20 weeks. Does teaching Kindergarten count as exercise too? I've been eating healthier too. Lots of fruits, veggies, and protein. I cut out caffeine, alcohol, and most transfat. I have also been trying to eat organic grown foods too.   

Lou and I both have been reading a lot about what to expect online and in books from the library. I'm on my second book and Lou finished the book I bought him in one day! It is quite amazing what the body does. I am a gestating goddess! 

We can't wait for Baby Camp. Preparing will be fun. Our office will eventually become a nursery. We are excited and ready as we will ever be to be parents. What a great adventure we anticipate ahead!

The picture to the left was taken on Lou's 33rd birthday at eight and a half weeks.

2 comments:

The Parke Family said...

You will look back at these pictures and be amazed at just how your body changes to house your little peanut for 40 weeks!

Welcome to the blogging world! It's very addictive (as you can see by the fact I have more than one ;)

I look forward to reading about your journey!

Anonymous said...

The most amazing sound I've heard was a baby's heartbeat. I was visiting my friend when she was in the hospital and I'll never forget the chills I got. I can't wait for the day I'm able to hear my own childs heartbeat. Congrats!!!