Sunday, November 9, 2008

Telling Daddy the News


As I was talking to a friend tonight I realized that I left out an important part of how we got to nine weeks: how I told Lou the big news. I had taken about four home pregnancy tests and I swore there was a faint line. Everything I read said a line was a line, so I put on the shirt that I had purchased in advance and waited for Lou to come home. When he came in he complimented me and said the shirt looked good on me, but he didn't read it. He went about the usual business, a hug and a kiss for the wife, then he stepped back and read it. "Daddy did it!" He asked me what that meant. I told him to think about it. Then, it dawned on him. He got a huge smile across his face and he asked me if I was serious. We hugged and kissed some more. I showed him the stash of tests and told him I thought we were but wanted a second opinion. He thought he saw a faint line too. We went to one of our favorite local restaurants to celebrate, Sierra Bonita Grill. Then next morning I woke up super early and bought a digital home pregnancy test. It said pregnant. There was no mistaking that! We were going to be parents!

No comments: