Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sick Mama

I have been feeling sick since Wednesday. A few students in my class have been sick, one with strep throat. As soon as I found out strep was going around my school I went to see my doctor. The doctor said I don't appear to have strep but took a culture anyway. I have not heard back from the lab. Right now I think it is just a head cold, stuffy, sinus pressure, sneezy, sore throat from drainage, etc. The doctor told me even if I did have an infection, I shouldn't take antibiotics until the second trimester. I've just been trying to rest and get better. Dr. Hunt warned me that pregnant women can get sick easily because the baby takes all of the mother's immunity. Although I got a flu shot, I still need to be careful. I talked to my kiddos about germs and how we spread them. Before we left school on Friday we had a cleaning party and washed down everything in our classroom. I will be doing my best to stay healthy for me and baby. 

No comments: